View Single Post
Old 04-07-2006, 02:37 PM   #2641
dancing spawn of ungoliant
Mischievous Candle

Location: So near to Russia, so far from Japan, quite a long way from Cairo, lots of miles from Vietnam.
dancing spawn of ungoliant has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to dancing spawn of ungoliant
Well, as the cat is out of the bag, I might say a few things as well. It's been proved that 'newbie' players can be as talented and contribute as much as those with more games under their belt - and hey, it's one of the best ways to learn to be thrown in a group with more experienced people who can teach you. I think the atmosphere in the games has been rather welcoming, so at least there shouldn't be a reason why newcomers would have to be intimidated in 'adult' WWs.

Having two games going on simultaneously has led to a situation where a player, after his or her death in one game, joins another while the first one is still unfinished. I think there was a rule that a player can't be in two games at the same time, and this said situation seems like stretching the rule. Not that it would be a horrible thing to break a rule, per se, but one of the consequences of it is that if everyone who has died in a WW game go and join a WWJ while the first game is still going on, there won't be enough people willing to play when the recruiting for a new WW game starts.

I agree with Mithalwen that smaller games are welcome, but I can't see why there couldn't be a 'normal' WW game of approx. 13-15 players.

However, when summer comes, people will probably have more time to play, and there might be enough people for two simultaneous games...