View Single Post
Old 04-19-2006, 06:23 PM   #2778
Crystal Heart
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Crystal Heart has just left Hobbiton.
Crystal spun around, her eyes narrowing in anger.

"Now you listen here Cordelia. When I met Arthur Brandybuck we were all under the impression that Arthur Harrison had been dead for years. Years. I had never even looked in another man's direction. I was still mourning for the loss of him when I arrived here. I did like him, but I always loved my husband. He was kind enough to make a place for me to live. We did start to fall for one another. We did have a relationship. However, we ended it because we realized it wouldn't work out. Months afterwards my husband returned miraculously, bringing back to me my very soul. I watched him die. He died in my arms. I know that I will never get him back again. I saw my child dead upon the table. I know that they are both never coming back. My tie to you and your family is severed. Permanently. And what I do with my life is my own. Who I see. Who I fall in love with. Whom I talk to. If that is what you are doing here. . . to protect your dear brother's reputation I assure you his reputation is safe. As is mine," Crystal hissed back.

Her breathing was heavy and fast as drops of anger, hatred, and grief washed through her.

How had their relationship gotten so frayed? Cordelia had been her best friend and sister. They had always been there for another. When Arthur had "died" the first time she had left Cordelia because it was just easier. At least that is what she had thought. Being back in Arthur's family and being with Cordelia in Rohan had been a blessing.

Now with Arthur really dead, something had occured between the two of them. It was as if Cordelia blamed her for the death of two people that she held dear.

"I didn't kill him Cordelia. You have to understand that. No one understood what he had. He was sick. For a long time. You and I both know that. Our child probably had it from the moment of conception. Why can't you just see past your own grief and see me. Your friend and sister in law. We use to mean so much to one another. And now . . . Please Cordelia. Stop being this way."