View Single Post
Old 04-23-2006, 04:50 PM   #119
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet
God's big enough to be able to overcome the obstacles of destructive seed. Then why drown the humans? I don't know. A 'fresh' start? It's more complicated than that, and God's purpose is fraught with mystery, so that's the best I can offer for now.
This is one of the things that make me feel uneasy about different monotheistic religions- or any ideologies that claim having The One Truth. If that truth calls for "cleansing" of the earth, or "a fresh start" - or just death to the infidels, then it is a most dangerous ideology there is. I'm not against any faith as such. People do beautiful things inspired by faith, but then those faiths are also mighty tools in the hands of the wicked... You just think about these suicide-bombers etc.

Claiming something to be a mystery, then, I find deeply unnerving. It's always the hiding place of power and intrigue. Open arguments can be looked at, together, mysteries are only for the "chosen" (normally self-chosen).
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote