Thread: LotR2-TTT-Seq04
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2006, 01:53 PM   #14
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
White Tree

I felt as if this is where Gimli's character goes down hill. Gimli served as a comic relief in FOTR, but I never lost track of who a dwarf was, or I never felt like Gimli wasn't a dwarf. I felt like Jackson did a good job of having Gimli be a comedic character, yet I never lost the sense that he was a dwarf. But, as we progress into TTT and ROTK this dramatically changes, and I disagree with the use of Gimli's comedy as a "positive" for the movie. When threads start popping up about Gimli being a useless character and serving no purpose in the Fellowship, he's just slow and prevents Aragorn and Legolas from doing anything, I think Jackson did something wrong with Gimli.

Also, I think Grishnakh was mistreated in the movies as well. As he seems more driven to eat the hobbits than him being intellegent and knowing about the Ring. First off this displays the cunningness of Pippin in getting Grishnakh to believe that he has the Ring, and this shows the intellegence of Grishnakh, and not all Orcs are mindless cannibals. Which is how I felt about them at this part in TTT.

The scene done with Aragorn and Company with Eomer, there's really nothing I can complain about, nor anything I can praise. They were done solidly (in my view) and that's really all I can say about them. (I still find it very fun when Eomer loses his sword and he even looks at it as it falls to the ground...I crack up. )