View Single Post
Old 05-12-2006, 08:06 PM   #28
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Regarding the matter of Loki being the villager changed and un-changed last night:

It's altogether possible that the Evil Wizard would choose Loki in hopes that his newbie status would grant him safety from lynching. I can't say that I think the EW would be very smart to do this, because Loki is highly vocal and likes rubbing people the wrong way -- and make no mistake such things do come into play for lynchings, especially in a Day 1 situation. I certainly have no qualms about the idea of lynching him, he's eager enough to show us all how good he is at the game so I don't see the need to give him the benefit of the doubt like I would a newbie who seemed quiet or shy. But, oh well, who am I to tell the EW how to play? So it is entirely possible.

It's also possible that the Good Wizard decided to scry him as well. Perhaps s/he was counting on Loki not being an attractive Werewolf kill -- from a Wolfish point of view his brashness could provide plenty of distraction for the villagers to fight over, and so they'd leave him alive. From the GW's PoV, this might be a good reason to Gift him -- he has a very good chance of surviving the Nights. So the GW tries to Gift him and instead un-curses him. All entirely plausible.

However, even though it's possible and I can certainly see the reasoning of both Wizards, I can't accept it as fact just because Loki claimed it. He could be lying. He could be telling the truth. We have no way of knowing, besides a lynching.

EDIT: Actually, silly Diamond, even a lynching wouldn't tell us that. Loki could easily come up as an Ordo and still have been lying, for whatever reason. So I amend my final comment to: "We have no way of knowing, till the end of the game."

Last edited by Diamond18; 05-12-2006 at 08:14 PM.
Diamond18 is offline   Reply With Quote