View Single Post
Old 05-17-2006, 07:23 AM   #417
dancing spawn of ungoliant
Mischievous Candle

Location: So near to Russia, so far from Japan, quite a long way from Cairo, lots of miles from Vietnam.
dancing spawn of ungoliant has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to dancing spawn of ungoliant
It's too early for me to start making an overall analysis of the Village since so few has posted toDay, and anyone of the villagers can be the one whom the EW picked last Night. So, I'll just point out some oddities from toDay.

1) Morm's post #372
"The wolves probably don't know who each other is and therefore may actually vote for their fellows. I realize that this includes me but it must be said."

I get what he's trying to say, but that's just a lovely way to put it. Enhancing the fact that you bring out a theory against the Wolves (that others have already mentioned) which includes yourself is an old trick to polish the halo above one's head.

2) Celuien's post #378
(In addition to her post #362 which I commented in my post #401.)
"But if you're [mormegil] right, particularly about Eomer being awfully accurate, what does that say about Lalaith? I believe he repeatedly mentioned her as a probable EW pick."

Well, what would it say? That either Lalaith is a Wolf or then she's not. I don't like it when people poll each other without giving their own thoughts. It's just too handy for the baddies to search for possible bandwagonees and people against whom it would be safe to make cases.

3) Fea's post #384
Nilp (or Adam?) said: "Maybe he's [EW] picking from the Ns. You've [Nilp] been cursed, haven't you?"

Fea made a response: "Conspiracy theorist that I am... why does this strike me as trying to kill the shepherdess with a penchant for alliteration? I've denied the 'L's, so now it's 'N's? "

A conspiracy theorist or not, I find it odd that Fea took the quote to be directed to her.

4) Zali's post #387
"He [Eomer] also doesn't seem to be giving much thought to "if I were the good wizard".(though that could be deliberate--he, like others, may just be trying to throw the focus off the GW)"

Why would people say out loud what they would do if they were the GW?

"I think it's fairly obvious that we ought to look closely at Mormegil who got this bandwaggon-to-be rolling."

This just doesn't make sense at all. It's a nice attempt to shift blame to others, though. Those who just go with a ready theory and refuse to take responsibility for their vote (like Oddwen yesterday) make me very uneasy.

She votes for Eomer, and let's see what happens after that...

"I hope you all can forgive me for an unfortunate double case of RLcoincidenceopia and TimeZoneitis, and for not giving Eomer the chance to defend himself."

"This is not the way I prefer to play, and I apologize."

"Again, apologies, all."

"I'm really sorry."

Apologizers creep me out. You can consult your lorebooks to find out why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer
Oh yes, and Spawn is innocent. I can tell because she gets more clinical and devastating when innocent and with nothing to lose. The wolves will kill her, I am afraid.
I'm devastating?