View Single Post
Old 05-28-2006, 04:24 PM   #10
Gurthang
Sword of Spirit

Gurthang has just left Hobbiton.
Thoughts of the GW

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet
So it's about trying to be realistic instead of arbitrary and artificial.
Sorry, but I just thought it funny that you said 'realistic' when we're talking about Wizards and Werewolves.

Alright, since I was the GW, most of my suggestions will be concerning such.

1. Let the GW and gifteds PM at Night.

Night is when everything happens. It's when people become cursed/gifted and when they perform the related tasks. Not being able to PM new gifteds right away meant quite a few things against us. I could not bring them up to speed on what the Good Team has been doing up to that point. I could not direct them as to who, if anyone, I wanted to be protected/hunted/dreamed of. In fact, I would much rather PM at Night and not in the Day than have it the way it was. If you want to see an example, look in the WW XXI thread at my post #1046.

2. The new Hunter rules.

Okay, at first I wasn't so sure about these rules. After all, in effect they make the Hunter a Seer until they dream of a wolf. This is because if they hunt someone and they do not die, then the person is obviously innocent. Although, if you want to make it slightly less powerful, you could just limit it to that, and not allow the automatic wolf kill if the Hunter is killed by the wolves. Just say that the Hunter will not Hunt unless they choose a wolf, and then those two automatically die.

3. Stick with the dry runs/simulations. (That is, if they seem fair.)

LMP, you said you made many dry runs and came out fairly even as far as wins and losses were concerned. With that in mind, I'd stick with those rules as best you could. The thing that sort of irked me in this game was when the rules changed. The Hunter role, I was surprised at, but, being a Good Teamer, wasn't opposed to. And it made sense to do it because that was how it had gone in your runs. But Night 4 was not something that had been in your pre-game simulations, so I was *ahem* not happy. In the end, it worked out very much in the Evil Teams favor. We were able to eliminate (counting wolf-Loki) 6 wolves in 7 Days, and still ended up losing with 3 wolves left.

4. The Evil Team still has a huge advantage.

Even barring Night 4, the Evil Team has it made. Virtually unlimited wolf-making potential, yesterDay's innocents might be wolves toDay, multiple nightly kills, etc. The Good Team is limited to 3 gifteds, only 1 Seer dream a Night, etc. I said so it was unbalanced before the game even started, but your dry runs more or less convinced me that it would be okay. Still, I think that the Good Team needs... I don't know what exactly, but something to counterbalance the Evil Team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond18
Plus, has there ever even been a -10 player game on the 'Downs?
Actually, I've thought about it. You might see something about that in the Scenerios thread.