View Single Post
Old 05-31-2006, 01:02 AM   #903
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Well, I'm not dead... I'm still following things here with interest. And I think I may have come up with a potential character for submission. And this character is a most canonical one indeed.

Bergil, son of Beregond, was at least ten years of age during the War of the Ring, when he befriended Pippin Took. This being the Year 12 of the Fourth Age, Bergil is approximately 24. His father and family having removed to Ithilien with Prince Faramir, Bergil has himself since joined either the Rangers of Ithilien or the Knights of Dol Amroth (not sure which...). His younger brother Borlas (known from the "New Shadow" would probably be in his early-mid teens).

I've two ideas how to work Bergil into this tale: the first would see him as a Ranger of Ithilien, joined to the company in the aftermath of losing their womenfolk. Ravion and Erundil are capable Rangers indeed- but they are Rangers of Arnor, and have no authority in the South. Bergil is assigned to assist by Prince Faramir, who as Steward of Gondor has no intention of seeing such things occur.

Scenario Two sees Bergil as an aspiring Knight of Dol Amroth. He has recently been visiting family and old friends in Emyn Arnen and the city while on leave, and is returning to Dol Amroth to return to his post. On the way he overtakes/is overtaken by the Menfolk, and falls in with them as something of a guide (none of the Elves, Rohirrim, or Arnorian Rangers would have been there before. Raefindan, as Imrazor, is another matter, but after 1000 years, places change).

Anyway, those are the rough thoughts that I've been having thus far. Any thoughts, questions, critiques?