View Single Post
Old 06-05-2006, 12:36 PM   #2846
Dimturiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Dimturiel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Dimturiel Send a message via Yahoo to Dimturiel
Ravennar

Ravennar stood for some moments silent, hesitating, as if he now regreted his plea for help. Presently, he took a deep breath and began:

"I think that I should start my tale from the beginning. It will explain my plight better, although it would also cast an ill reflection upon me. If this is so, and if you are no longer willing to help me, I will respect your choice.

"I like to travel, and for this reason I am always being sent on some errand or another. I had a friend, that would go with me, and the roads were shorter when I would tread them with him. But something terrible happened on one of our journeys. The path that we were treading was wild and untamed, and beneath us gaped dark a dark gulf. My friend slipped on a rock and.."

Ravennar stopped and shook his head. He remained silent for a while, as if he was mustering his thoughts.

"I tried to give him aid," he continued at lenght, "I really did, but...but there was nothing that I could do. I returned alone, and told my people what had happened but not all believed me. Some said that I had failed to rescue him on purpose. It was known to all that I had my eyes on the same maiden that he courted. That was true, and true was also the fact that she prefered him, and that I envied him; but I swear, Heather, I swear on what I hold most dear in this world that never had I thought of harming him. He was my friend.

"I recieved this accusation one night at our inn, and I had changed since then. I am always striving now to prove my worth to those that name me murderer. It is not that I am trying to make them renounce their belief, Iam just trying to prove to them that I can do deeds worth singing of. I have become arrogant in my pursuit for glorry. And this lead me to my greatest mistake.

"I was entrusted with an errand of great importance, an errand of which I may not say any more.I had to go to Anuminas. But I , in my arrogance and foly, refused to take any companion and set upon this road alone. The journey was hard. I lost my horse, and I lost my way also. I know not how to reach Anuminas from here. Will you not help me, Heather? Although, now that you know my true self, maybe you are not that willing to aid me."

Ravennar fell silent and looked at Heather expectantly. He hoped very much that he woul recieve help, not for himself as much as for the sake of his errand.