View Single Post
Old 06-23-2006, 09:25 AM   #169
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
White-Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGWBS
Eomer = dead. Cast suspicion on voters. Should look at those who voted neither Nilp nor Eomer - the wolves want us to focus on these.
As far as the Eomer voters are concerned, I largely agree with this (while remaining wary of Diamond). It may be worth noting, however, that you have an interest in putting forward such a theory, being an Eomer voter yourself. I am still pretty sure that there is a Wolf among the Nilp voters. The remaining two or three Wolves will be found, I am sure, among those who voted for neither.

It may be helpful to divide the remaining passengers along these lines:

Eomer voters: Lhuna, Rune, TGWBS, Diamond and Taliesin.

Nilp voters: Durelin, Anguirel, Firefoot and Holby.

The rest: mormegil, Glirdan, Lalaith, Caran, SpM, Jenny, Formendacil, Findesea, Gurthang, Kath (who did not vote).

Of the Nilp voters, I believe that either Holby or Firefoot is a Wolf. I remain more inclined towards Holby.

To me, the most suspicious votes among “the rest” category are those which might qualify as safe, throwaway votes or even Wolf on Wolf votes, namely those of Caran (for Jenny), Formendacil (for Lalaith) and Gurthang (for Diamond). Of the three, Gurthang and (less so) Formy look the most suspicious on the basis of other factors. I also remain wary of mormegil for, if anyone can get away with the aggressive, “in yer face” Wolf approach, ‘tis him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
Jenny's post 'I TOLD YOU SO' makes me a little suspicious of her. If she was so certain there are only two options. She is either the Seer or a wolf. If she was the Seer I don't believe she would make that so obvious, so I'm leaning towards her guilt.
You know, I too am rather concerned about Jenny. As I mentioned earlier, and as others have commented since, her (seemingly rather frantic) attempt to save both Nilp and Eomer, followed by the deaths of both and thereby the proof of their innocence, may well have been calculated to make her look good.

I am also conscious of the fact that she selected, as her alternative candidate, Holby - the person that I had voted for. So, if Jenny is a Wolf, Holby is (contrary to my Holby theory) most likely innocent. I wonder whether, had she succeeded in getting an innocent Holby lynched rather than Eomer or Nilp, she would have attempted to transfer the blame to me. Or perhaps she was trying to gain my trust. Of course, that only helps me (and perhaps the Seer), but it factors into my thinking.

But there is one more thing about Jenny, although I have been hesitant to mention it. Earlier today, when attempting to explain her behaviour at the end of yesterday, she said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyHallu
Holby, my apologies for my attempted bandwagon against you. I just needed to try and save Nilp, and thought Eomer likely also innocent: and I picked you because I found your logic concerning myself suspect. It didn't work, anyway.
This seemed particularly defensive to me at the time. But of greater note, possbly, is her interesting choice of words with regard to her attempt to save Nilp. She says that she needed to try and save Nilp. That seems to me to be a rather heavy Hunter hint, which is why I was reluctant to draw attention to it before. But, if Jenny is the Hunter, why did she not simply vote for Eomer (an unknown quantity to her) to save the person she knew to be the Ranger? It’s possible she thought Eomer to be the Seer but I can see little in his posts to suggest that he might have been. So, if Jenny is not the Hunter, why is she dropping such a heavy Hunter hint here? It troubles me greatly.

Sorry, Jenny, if you are the Hunter and I have blown your cover. But I figured that, if there is anything in it, the Wolves will have picked up on it anyway.

Edit: Cross-posted with Jenny.