View Single Post
Old 06-24-2006, 08:01 PM   #967
alaklondewen
Song of Seregon

alaklondewen has just left Hobbiton.
Leaf

Mowing is a great time to think, and while I mowed this evening I had a couple of concerns came to mind.

The women will have to be told that they are not going on the next half of the quest. I know Bellyn believes she is going, but what of Leafa? I know Leafa is originally from Rohan, even though her family has gone the wayfaring way. I also know that Bella lives in Rohan currently. Without thinking of what has been planned for the ladies to go a different way...how would they get home? I mean, the men are leaving them stranded in Gondor and their money would last only so long for the inn. Would Mellonin's parents take them in temporarily? That would mean sleeping on the floor, or do we need someone in the inn to meet and take a liking to the girls and offer them a place?

If a place with Mellonin was offered, that would leave room for Mellonin to sleepwalk and the girls to look for her, thinking she'd not gone far and then find themselves off toward the mountains. Another idea would be to have them staying with someone who lived closer to Mellonin than the inn and then have a dream come to Bella or Leafa (or even a possible visitation of Gwyllion's ghost?). One of them disappears, the other runs to Mellonin's to ask for help and they're off.

What do you think about this? We need a realistic solution.