View Single Post
Old 04-12-2006, 12:26 AM   #61
Envinyatar
Quill Revenant

Envinyatar has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet
I'm a little befuddled by the comment from Stamo (?) about someone calling for someone's aid. Um, huh?

This is in reference to Undómë's post #125:

Quote:
The old woman turned back to the fire. Her face seemed more tired and worn. Hot as they were now, the flames did not seem to warm her, but instead seemed to draw out her little store of energy. Leeching her until she seemed almost translucent; the shadowings of her bones moving or still beneath her pale, drawn skin her only solidness.

She too whispered low as the embers flickered and shifted in their dance of renewal.

Hunter, Rider . . .
Lord of Trees, Master of Hounds . . .
Winter’s Lord, Woodland Spirit . . .
We smaller spirits call to you

Speed now to us on silver shod with gold
And recall some pity for us in our need.

She is calling on The Hunter; though I doubt she knows his name as Oromë. He is the Huntsman of the Valar. And the Valar who sent the two blue robed istari and the one who hunted the creatures of Melkor in the early days.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want to make this a fairly close call, then perhaps the two istari should go back to the Inn for some reason while Arato goes to protect Wenda and Mara. I can't see the creature lasting long against the two maiar.

What do the other gamers think?