View Single Post
Old 07-06-2006, 09:34 AM   #984
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Location: Elvish singing is not a thing to miss, in June under the stars
mark12_30 has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to mark12_30 Send a message via Yahoo to mark12_30
Initial re-reactions with respect to Tharonwe's ploy--

Perhaps, instead of the attitude of cold command, Tharonwe might assume a humbly, gently submissive air, combined with a slight whiff of "injured victim whose plight would be misunderstood by these other elves who are unable to understand all that he has been through." (This is partly true, after all.)

If he can make it a sort of Maglor story-- I've been singing my grief to the river for so many centuries that I've gone moonstruck, sort of thing. While Tharonwe would not want to mention Amroth, nevertheless, having been exiled by a long-forgotten conflict over an unrequited love might, if played correctly, win him sympathy from Aragorn and Arwen-- as long as he doens't reveal the parties involved, and can justify his actions.

To pull that off, he'll have to work hard at a couple of things-- covering his own mean streak for one; and two, covering the details of the history he was involved in.

There's the rub; his actions were unreasonably nasty, and just really really hard to justify at all; there I draw a blank.

I guess the other choice is, to do a Morgoth-- lay low, look repentant, let himself be imprisoned in a "minimum security " area; and then work his osanwe on the guards, etc, and get out that way.

lmp?