View Single Post
Old 07-11-2006, 03:20 PM   #308
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Anguirel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Malris nodded at Endamir's answer, addressing the Chamberlain...or the chair...gravely.

"My friend has suffered quite enough, without bearing such an insult, sir Chamberlain, as your apparent indifference to his brother's fall. If you have anything of honour within you, you will respect his request to depart unmolested."

No reply came from the chair but a slow grinding sound, but Malris shrugged, taking it as reluctant assent, and turned to Endamir.

"We part here once again, for I cannot rest if there may be a chance I can speak with Maglor. I shall go to the Tower. I wish you an end to the torments you have endured...often for my sake."

Endamir barely seemed to notice the valediction, bearing his brother's corpse, and himself, from the chamber by its eastern door. Malris sighed, a bitter gasp of loss and remorse, and watched till the other had left the room; then he turned to the three other Elves he had set out with, Lindir, Lómwë, and Tasa. He was smiling, but his eyes were shining. Malris wept very rarely, and was not about to do so now, but he barely resisted the urge.

"In days gone by, I would undoubtedly have urged you on with some fiery speech, a lesser flame of the Spirit of Fire's inspiration. I would have appealed to you not to lurk as craven beasts of the field, to keep on going, breaking boundaries, in pursuit of virtue, aye, and of knowledge too. Yet that time has passed, friends, and if you have tired of this barren venture, have no more of it."

Last edited by Anguirel; 07-12-2006 at 10:45 AM.