View Single Post
Old 08-26-2003, 12:55 AM   #68
Lyta_Underhill
Haunted Halfling

Location: an uncounted length of steps--floating between air molecules
Lyta_Underhill has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Quote:
Yes, his story was tragic; but it was beautiful for its tragedy. The First Age was an age of sorrow, and Turin was simply caught up in that.
I can sympathize with those who like Turin; however, I have a lot of trouble with him. I know it isn't logical, but what if he had just listened and gone to rescue Finduilas? I know we're omniscient and poor Turin isn't; but I also took exception to his co-opting the running of Nargothrond and laying it bare to the eyes of Morgoth. This also is not logical, for who can hide a realm forever? Nargothrond seemed kind of ghost-townish for me after Finrod left anyway.

Speaking of Finrod, I re-read of his death recently and I wondered if there is a good illustration of this scene? I would love to see an all-out teeth-chomping fight between the fairest of the Noldor and a werewolf! It is just so elemental! "On the Circuit, he was known as Mad Dog Felagund..." [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] See, I DO like others besides Fëanor and Maedhros! But always for odd reasons! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Cheers,
Lyta

[ August 26, 2003: Message edited by: Lyta_Underhill ]
“…she laid herself to rest upon Cerin Amroth; and there is her green grave, until the world is changed, and all the days of her life are utterly forgotten by men that come after, and elanor and niphredil bloom no more east of the Sea.”
Lyta_Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote