View Single Post
Old 08-20-2006, 12:19 PM   #105
Volo
Silver in My Silent Heart

Volo has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Skype™ to Volo
Name (that you go by): Well, that is Volo... My real name (in English something like Volodymyr Borisovich Mykhalevych) is waaay too long (and nobody can pronounce it right).

Future Aspirations: Don't know yet... Some boring office work I guess... Who knows. Architect maybe... just maybe.

Goal in life: Get this advertised life™. Be a good person, meaning not to do evil things and die with a good conscience. Have a nice family.

Short term goals: Do well is school, to get into a better high school then.

Passion: Hmm... Music and books! And friends.

Hobbies: Reading all day long while listening to music. Ashtanga yoga. Architect school. Writing things, mostly for myself... stories and something somebody wierd would call poems...

Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself): For nearly burning down a forest... For trying to be a strange guy. For having really unpopular hair.

Fave book(s): From Tolkien it must be The Silmarillion. Robin Hobb: all books. Philip Pullman: His Dark Materials trilogy. Walter Moers: The 13˝ lives of Captain Bluebear. Jonathan Stroud: Bartimeus trilogy. Mariya Semyonova: Volkodav (something like "Wolfhound" (thanks HerenIstarion, wasn't carefull and wrote bear instead of wolf... anyway wrote wrong) in English...) And others...

Fave movie: Hmmm... From the western world in must be Monty Python and the Holy Grail. I also love nearly every Soviet film that has survived to this day.

Fave sport: I'm not really into sports... But if count ashtanga yoga as a sport... Well, fencing was fun when it was still possible for me.

Fave store: Store? :/ Any store they have good and rare rock and metal music... for cheap.

Fave music: Most of this ????????? is for Russian music like Kino, Aria, Kipelov, Arteria, Alisa, Master and Epidemia (not that you know any of those)...

What you can't stand: Rap, violent people, greedy people, my class... I guess this list could go on and on... Hate I hate!

What you plain dislike: Too much sun (what a gloomy fellow I am...). Most meat. And so on...

Who you admire: The writers I listed there. Some musicians. Nice teachers. People of great self-control, like Mahatma Gandhi. And most of all, my few but great friends!

What you most love to do: This: telling about myself ... Looking into the sky beside a lake listening to music and thinking strange things...

Your self-confessed flaws: I feel really lazy, though I find many even lazier... I'm really thin... but I don't feel weak, no. I sleep badly. My sometimes (often) idiotic humour... My "trying to be stranger than I really am"-attitude. Talking of myself from a third person. Pessimism.

What intrigues/fascinates you: Many things. Human (and not only) mind most of all at this moment.

What scares you: Underwater world, for not being "cleaned" for humans. Evil people. Earth dying... Going to work.

Quotation to live by: If trying to get someone else to do their job is harder than doing it yourself, do it yourself. If you have to do something, do it well.

Additional comments: I moved from Ukraine to Finland at the age of seven with my mother. My mom married a half Finnish half Irish man and now I live here in Helsinki with my mom, her husband, an au pair (however you write that) and my two half-brothers of age two and eight. I think of myself as a really lucky person and wish this "luck" also to every other person on our little planet!

Last edited by Volo; 08-21-2006 at 07:23 AM.
Volo is offline   Reply With Quote