View Single Post
Old 08-21-2006, 04:06 PM   #109
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Who could have expected things to change so much in two years?

---------------------

Name (that you go by): Laura.

Occupation: over-achieving student/waitress/librarian/free-lance photographer. Plus whatever else comes up. If I don't keep busy, I get myself into trouble.

Future Aspirations: Let's stick with the foreseeable future, eh? I've got three, maybe four more years before I get my first degree. Those will be spent in NY and maybe in Ontario. Then I plan to acquire a city apartment with a few friends, all of us teachers-in-progress, and get my master's while working whatever job seems like a good idea at the time. I will struggle to pay rent, utilities, and college loans in the same month. I will sit in a window with a notebook and pen and write and wonder if life this way is worth it. I will sleep hours as odd as those I keep currently. I may have a cat.

Goal in life: become a college professor. Write the sort of novel that can be read over and over again. Become one with everything.

Short term goals: Get the financial end of yet another school year sorted out; pack for school; buy new flipflops; get my room clean. Figure out if I can handle a lab science this semester; check out classes with which to maybe replace it.

Passion: telling stories through whichever medium is handed to me.

Hobbies: writing; photography; discussion.

Famous for: Nobody ever believing me when I tell them that I'm shy. Hanging out with professors outside of class. Having friends of all ages from a lot of different places. Taking chances.

Fave books: The Return of the King; A Child Called It; Silence; Night; The Spirit Catches You and You Fall Down; Tuck Everlasting; Macbeth; All-American Girl; Matilda; Jane Eyre; White Oleander

Fave movies: LotR; Donnie Darko; The Boondock Saints; V for Vendetta; Stepmom; White Oleander; Mulan; Ladder 49; History of the World, Part I; The Great Escape

Fave sport: curling

Fave store: Powell's City of Books

Fave music: Bright Eyes; Blind Guardian; The Decemberists; Florida Sessions; The Fray; Green Day; Jack Johnson; Lacuna Coil; Theatre of Tragedy; Metallica; Matchbook Romance; Modest Mouse; The Pax Cecelia; Phantom Planet; Ben Folds; Eisley; Rilo Kiley

What you can't stand: malicious dishonesty

What you plain dislike: lima beans

Who you admire: His Holiness, the Dalai Lama

What you most love to do: exist

Your self-confessed flaws: I don't trust people.

What intrigues/fascinates you: the question "Why?".

What scares you: snakes.

Quotation to live by: Wheresoever you go, go with all of your heart. -Confucious