View Single Post
Old 08-26-2006, 03:59 AM   #114
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Name (that you go by): Thinlómien, Lommy, Thin, Thinlo and that boring RL one, Hanni.

Future Aspirations: To write a book. To see more of the world. And hopefully, to become wiser. (And no, I don't belong to a hobbit family called the Bagginses...)

Goal in life: To survive through it.

Short term goals: To find out why my ear hurts. To eat breakfast. To read and comment through what has happened in the BD in past five days. To answer to a pm and to an e-mail that have waited for too long. To hug Noggie when he next comes to stalk what I am doing. To change to normal day clothing. To drink something. To make Noggie bring me painkillers from the apothecary. To write a Mead Hall post.

Passion: Penguins. Arda and the books that tell its tale.

Hobbies: Reading, BD, drawing, "art club", roleplaying...

Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself): Reading the Lord of The Rings on second grade (8 year old) while other people read children's books of about 20 pages...

Fave book: The Lord of the Rings and The Silmarillion. The Farseer, Liveship Traders and The Golden Fool -series by Robin Hobb. Tigana, Lions of Al-Rassan and A Song for Arbonne by Guy Gavriel Kay. Earthsea books by Ursula Le Guin.

Fave movie: Hair, Edward Scissorhands, Disney's The Hunchback of Notre Dame and Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl.

Fave sport: Sport? Never! Well, if having long walks in parks, swimming in the sea and in lakes in summer or skating in winter count, then... But I don't count them as "sport". I count them as "having fun"... (Two words very far from each other for me...)

Fave store: Akateeminen kirjakauppa (It's a big bookshop, though there are still too few books in there.)

Fave music: I'm expected to make a list? Though from most of the following artists I really love only a few albums, not all... Here it comes... Kate Bush, Gjallarhorn, Sonata Arctica, Nightwish, Dido, Blackmore's Night, Art of Noise, Natacha Atlas, Anouar Brahem, Radio Tarifa... I'm sure I forgot something. Oh, it was Nawal and Fröbelin palikat...

What you can't stand: Cleaning. Maths. Health education. Computer problems. Being in a hurry. Seeing dead animals and eating food that looks living. Religious (and other) fanatics.

What you plain dislike: Greedy humans who are going to destroy the world (and, I might be one of them ).

Who you admire: The Prof. (Who else?)

What you most love to do: Walking the silent city streets by night, after the rain, and smelling wet grass and asphalt. Wading to the sea and letting the waves splash against me and feel the wind in my hair. Sitting inside in a warm and soft place reading a book and listening to the rain (or storm) outside. Going to a park or a forest and climbing to a tree and sitting there (possibly with a book).

Your self-confessed flaws: Being lazy. I could also qualify for the BD procrastination club.

What intrigues/fascinates you: Old languages, plum jam, human evolution, how people lived in history, how the mind of my silly tortoise works, making little songs for different food products (or dictators), Arda.

What scares you: Mankind and what horrible it will next come up with. The future of the world. Having a responsible role in ww. Helplessness.

Quotation to live by: Live and let live.

Additional comments: Err... Penguins are cute.

Last edited by Thinlómien; 08-26-2006 at 04:01 AM. Reason: How can I write "panguins"? How!?
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote