View Single Post
Old 09-03-2006, 10:29 AM   #189
davem
Illustrious Ulair

Location: In the home of lost causes, and forsaken beliefs, and unpopular names,and impossible loyalties
davem is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.davem is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
May I return to my analogy of the 'Christian' car? A Christian mechanic makes a car, which he tells me in all seriousness is a 'Christian' car. He assures me that in the manufacture, the materials, the electronics, everything about it, it is in conformity with the scriptures (he never worked on the Sabbath, etc). He is not lying to me. From his perspective it is a 'Christian' car.

But suppose, when I go into the showroom this 'Christian' car is parked next to another one which is exactly the same model, same colour - absolutely identical, but made by a Muslim mechanic. It is a 'Muslim' car. Beside it is a 'Jewish' car, & making up the set is a 'Pagan' car & a 'godless commie pinko liberal bed-wetter' car .

Now, as I say, they are all exactly the same in terms of appearance, performance, everything. In what way is the 'Christian' car unique, or special, other than in the intent, or perception of the mechanic? That intent/perception is entirely subjective. All the cars have been built according to the same plans, in the same way, & are designed to do the same job.

Now I, not being a 'Christian' am unable to percieve any difference between the 'Christian' car & the others. They all seem exactly the same to me & the only difference the belief systems of the individual mechanics.

My question is, is the 'Christian' car actually a Christian car?
davem is offline   Reply With Quote