View Single Post
Old 09-05-2006, 12:07 PM   #284
Lalwendė
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendė is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendė is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raynor
Interesting. I will forward this question to you too: can you follow all of the other events I pointed to in these religions too?
Maybe. Not everything will have parallels in x philosophical or religious 'system', some thing s will have no parallels at all but are only coherent within the text. But if you put some ideas out on here I might see something they have links to, and in which case I'll stick a reply on.

Anyway, one point you make where Tolkien talks of his inspiration for the 'End' of the Ring is interesting. I know exactly what Tolkien means here, and I've heard a lot of other writers talk about it too. It's the Muse. The Story Fairy. The Flash of Inspiration. For Tolkien it might have been God who gave him that flash of idea. It's different for everyone. I know when writing a tale or a poem how sometimes its as though the story totally takes you over and you find yourself writing almost subconsciously. Ever tried writing as you fall asleep? I have, and you see some truly inspired things on the page next morning. And wake up with an inky pillow, too.