View Single Post
Old 09-22-2006, 01:54 PM   #446
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
What kind of reception will the fellowship get from the slaves and the leaders of the slaves---(hey, guys, give us a warning if you're going to drum us out of camp.)
Well, I imagine Shae will approach first, and Khamir will be quick to receive her, having been worried about her. Then, what follows... Well, Khamir will be shocked. How the rest of the slave camp reacts...well, some will be thankful for the Fellowship, others I imagine will be insulted by the 'help.' Particularly since they are so used to being without it. I don't see the slaves getting together enough to actually be *against* the Fellowship, so I think they will be as technically accepted as they can be.

Really, I think the majority of the slaves will readily accept the Fellowship. I imagine a few will be bitter, but mostly I imagine they will readily accept an outside force as more of a 'leader' (though they would never consciously admit that they need to be or want to be lead by anyone or anything), in place of any leading Khamir has done.

Quote:
Would there be any slaves arguing that the group should take off the next day without fighting (despite what Imak thinks) since the prisoners have been released, or would this not even come up in discussion?
If the Fellowship arrives late in the night, I don't know if things will be 'settled' enough before the next day for anyone to even bring up moving on... I'm not imagining there being enough time. Either there will be some rejoicing, or there will be utter confusion.

Or...the Fellowship can be readily accepted because they are the rescuers of the children, and are those who were promised by the King of Gondor (and the slaves are ready to accept aid from Gondor), and someone(s) calls for revenge on the slavers. Or, someone could be a voice of 'common sense,' either in the Fellowship or one of the slaves, saying that there's no sense in them running off if those slavers are just going to be on their tails the rest of the way...wherever. (I can see Vror doing that, if need be. )

Quote:
Assuming we fight, what do we do to protect the children and those women who do not feel comfortable wielding a sword? Do we just find them a good shelter, or is there a role for "noncombattants"?
Perhaps the "noncombattants" can play a role in those traps and such that were discussed?

I'll have to think about those questions, and the others, a little bit more...

Also, I'd like to second that remark on the quality of this game. It's really marvellous! I can't believe everyone's been so into character development and interaction that we've gone five pages already without getting all the groups together that we initially intended to have together near the start of the game! It's astounding...in a wonderful way, at least in my opinion.