View Single Post
Old 11-06-2006, 12:13 PM   #6
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: In hospitals, call rooms and (rarely) my apartment.
Farael has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88
I fully agree about Kiefer (don't know how to spell his last name either) having a great voice for Smaug. I don't know if you've seen the movie Phone Booth? It wasn't all that great (mainly because it's got Colin Ferell) but that doesn't take away from Kiefer's great performance. For 99% of the movie Kiefer is just the voice in the phone booth talking to Colin, and I know exactly what you mean.
It wasn't really a bad movie.... it was.... interesting. And yeah, he has an awesome voice, I had totally forgotten about that example.

Quote:
When I see Elrond in FOTR I can't stop thinking of Agent Smith, but that doesn't take away from the fact that Mr. Weaving is a great and accomplished actor. You definitely have to see V for Vendetta. That's what happens I think to actors when they star/lead in such ground-breaking movies...when they play in a different movie, you just can't stop thinking about their previous character in a different movie.
That's why all LoTR actors are stuck with their LoTR names... there's a movie by the actor who plays Aragorn (I can't remember his name right now... see?) that's called "Rage" or something like that... first thing my friend said when we saw it at Blockbusters was "That's Aragorn after Arwen left him for Legolas"