Thread: The Veil Lifted
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2006, 06:46 AM   #51
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
The two brothers had followed the Little people as they made their way out of the side street. Sam grabbed Billy's hand as they stepped out of the shadows, not wanting to lose him among all the other kids milling about. He knew if he did that his parents would never let him out of the house on his own again, and how embarrassing would that be? Of course, it would be no less embarrassing if his friends found out that he had spent the night chasing after kids dressed up as Hobbits because he believed them to be real.

"Billy," he began, "you know those people aren't really Hobbits don't you? So there's really no point in following them. And we won't get any treats at all if we just trail around after them all night."

Billy turned to look at him, his big brown eyes wide in the dark.

"They are so really Hobbits. They're dressed proper, look, they don't even have any shoes on! If I was dressed as a Hobbit I'd have shoes on, mum wouldn't have let me out if I didn't. And we can follow them and get treats, we just stay a few doors down from them."

Sam shrugged in defeat and allowed Billy to pull him on toward the first house. At least this is keeping him entertained, he thought to himself, we might actually make it through without screams and tears this year.

Standing in front of a house a little way down from the one the Hobbits were currently at, Billy instructed Sam to keep an eye on them while he did the trick'r'treating. Knowing his brother would be able to get more candy than he would Sam agreed, and watched as some sort of argument broke out. Strangely enough, it seemed to be about feet.