View Single Post
Old 11-23-2006, 05:50 PM   #665
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren
I think what Tevildo meant in an above post was that Dorran would be there at the same time as, if not before, Hadith.
We may play this so, but I think it's a bit problematic as the people "around" - meaning the "archers" and the "cavalry" - would have noticed that there are only ten slavers after Athwen. So they should come up with a new master-plan and quick as they see some of the other slavers going X direction (towards themselves? - and those who go around to attack the women and children they couldn't even see in this weather!). This doesn't prevent Dorran getting off the rank and making his own decision to save her wife, but it really is a bold move as he's the leader of the cavalry and he will leave his troops without a leader just to see for his wife...

I mean, why to send our only real surprise asset, the "cavalry" of ours, to attack just ten riders as the foot soldiers can do away with them... at least up to a point. They should tactically not waste their power on the ten slavers already in trouble but to counter the surprise as not all the slavers were after Athwen!

Some nuts to crack indeed...

Last edited by Nogrod; 11-23-2006 at 05:56 PM.