View Single Post
Old 12-01-2006, 05:45 PM   #24
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalwendė
Seriously, from what I now know about 'slash' (and I didn't even know what it was that long ago) most of it is created by and for adult women.
I didn't know that, but it doesn't surprise me one bit.
Quote:
I can't say whether some of them viewed the male relationships in LotR as actually homoerotic, but they may have imagined them to be.
I think you're right - in the case of adult women - probably not so much what they saw as what they found fun to imagine.
Quote:
As odd as this may seem, a lot of women find gay couples either exciting or beautiful. This possibly says a lot about women and if they perceive such relationships as 'non-threatening'; this is a probable reason, as psychologists say the success of boybands is down to girls finding non-threatening, quite 'feminised' young men who they can have as imaginary boyfriends until its time for them to get a real one.
True, but on the other hand, it may just be the flipside of the male fascination with lesbians. There is something appealing about a sexual situation where both people involved are attractive to you; and while being attractive themselves, also share the viewer's appreciation of the other's attractiveness. Double the pleasure, you know, double the fun, doublemint gum...um, yeah.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote