View Single Post
Old 12-20-2006, 01:59 AM   #644
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Ginna jumped in surprise, and spun towards the voice. What she saw made her want to laugh out loud: not only had a little girl called her "my lady," but she also curtsied! Ginna tried to suppress the urge but failed right away; and at the sound of her laughter the girl flinched slightly and looked a little offended. This effectively put an end to Ginna's mirth.

She slowly walked towards the girl and knelt before her, carefully gathering her skirts about herself. The girl stood up straight and looked her unblinkingly in the eye. Ginna immediately felt herself bound to the girl, as though she was the little sister that she never had.

"Are you allowed to speak to strangers?" Ginna asked. "Never mind," she quickly added. "My name is Ginna; now I'm no longer a stranger. What's yours?"

"Lčođern, my lady."

Ginna reduced her amusement to a smile. "Why do you address me so?"

"Are- are you not a princess? Because you look like one."

Ginna's smile widened and she shook her head. "No, no, Lčođern, I'm not a princess. Far from it. But I'm flattered you think so."

Lčođern had shyly bowed her head when she realised her mistake, but seeing that all was well, she broke into a fit of giggles. Ginna could not help joining along; after all, it really was funny. If she knew her father at all, she would be forced to earn her place here as a serving wench – not that she would mind.

"I assume you know this place well," she finally said when she had breath enough. "Would you mind taking me around?"