View Single Post
Old 01-12-2007, 06:25 AM   #26
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Holbytlass has just left Hobbiton.
As I was folding a MT Doom mound of laundry I was kind of watching the last hour or so of TRoK on T.N.T. (tv channel) when certain scenes made me think of this thread. Since I wasn't totally engrossed in the movie I saw bits where I can quite see why people thought it was homo-ish. I have Elijah Wood and Peter Jackson to blame.

The scene where Frodo and Sam are now surrounded by the flowing lava after the ring is destroyed and Sam is saying he if he got married it would be to Rosie.
Frodo has that doe-eyed longing look in his face. I thought about it and it would make more sense for Frodo to have a barely there smile cause he's happy for his friend and in reminiscence of the Shire that he can now remember.

Same thing when Sam and Rosie do get married. Frodo has this longing look on his face rather than that same barely there smile between to people have gone through so much together and yet are still happy for each other.

And again. when Frodo wakes up from his ordeal finds Gandalf alive, all the others come into his room but Sam stays by the door. At least in this instance Sam has that barely there smile that I talk about but it's still too much of a longing look.

I know what Peter and Elijah were trying to convey but it was a bit too much.