View Single Post
Old 01-16-2007, 02:38 PM   #1719
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalwendë
You might be assigning yourself again if you don't get it in well before the deadline of 31st January as it looks like there is going to be a nationwide, service wide strike that day, too.

I WILL get it in ..too poor and too mean to risk a fine and besides it is a surefire way of getting the revenue to be interested in your fiscal affairs for the rest of your days.. even so I am a bit prone to be sending it guaranteed next day delivery.... it is only cos I am scared of getting it wrong .. I have to say all the Revenue bods I have dealt with in recent years have been super helpful and friendly ..pity I was traumatised by earlier dealings.......

Oh I love deadlines ..that whooooooooooooooshing noise as they go rushing by is delightful... Actually it is a life time failing ...I wouldn't say I work best under pressure ... more don't work unless under pressure ..all my uni essays were handed in by the skin of my teeth and my dsisertation was completed on 3 weeks of 2-3 hrs sleep a night fuelled by rocket fuel coffee and (legal) herbal tranquilisers .... I really don't recommend it to anyone...it took 3 weeks before I stopped twitching ( even allowing for various other crises which you will have to get me hogwhimperingly drunk at Oxenmoot to find out about ).

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote