View Single Post
Old 01-24-2007, 06:45 AM   #8
Essex
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Essex has just left Hobbiton.
LOL

No, really I'm glad you got your independance. It was about time someone else ran the world. We had our go, and decided to pass the baton.

But really, Independance Day is so corny, - especially the bill pullman speech mentioned above - I watched the movie in America whilst on holiday there and when everyone else was cheering, me and the missus were rolling up with laughter!

But why oh why do these arrogant movie directors think that America has to save the World every time? Not a slight agianst your country, just your film directors. Yes, I know it's American money blah blah, but really let's have a film where the World acts against alien enemies, not just the USA getting us out of the hole.

On another point regarding this, I think the world's problems with each other (i.e. Country v Country wars etc, religious conflicts) will only be finally solved when an Alien intelligence does try to take us over. Then we will ALL have a common cause to fight for and will concentrate on trying to kill them instead!

Anyway, enough of my rant, but I LOVE the MoS scene. I think the character and the way he acts are masterful. The voice, the teeth, the way he moves his head - his arrogance, his short sightedness, his lies - they all work so well.

And it wasn't a Parley by the way. Aragorn was quickly stopping the rot, not wanting the MoS to instill any more doubt in their minds..... (steps back after re-lighting the blue touchpaper)

And those poor two hobbits, begining the climb of Mount Orodruin. The tears are ready to well up soon........
Essex is offline   Reply With Quote