View Single Post
Old 01-30-2007, 03:56 AM   #2
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I fear the outcome of the Hobbit movie. I agree with you that it will be probably done the way the LotR movies were done, because that's what the big public wants: more LotR. More scary orcs, action, drama and darkness. That's what will ruin it all. When the fairytale-ish child-like story and world of the Hobbit is forced to the LotR-movies' mode, I can't see it becoming any good. The fairly simple and child-like story with it's lovely humour just doesn't match a teenagers' or adults' action movie.

I personally think the Hobbit should be done with such way that both adults and children could enjoy it (not too violent and scary for the children, not too simple and candy-like for adults) and that it would be in a way that is in accord with the story itself and treats the story in a way that it deserves to be treated with. I'm just afraid that when it's all about money and masses of people it won't be that way.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote