View Single Post
Old 01-30-2007, 08:57 AM   #66
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Anguirel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Okay. I didn't really suspect anyone until the arrival of Volo.

Volo's behaviour ticks practically every wolf signal I know, and I will explain why. However, I'm still not sold on voting for him. Would it be a futile attempt to correct the errors of my last village? Am I just pursuing a feud? Nevertheless, he is suspicious because:

He's boldly explicit about his views on the special roles; a tactic which might look too risky for a wolf, though it isn't actually that dangerous.

He says he'll vote for a "random person, probably Durelin". A glaring contradiction, no? He's given up on theorising and started pursuing a grudge victim. The problem is, if I voted for him I might be guilty of the same crime. He cites morm as a precedent to authenticate his current course. This is what a wolf might very well do.

His shocked reaction to Boro's plight looks overdone. He also repeats his old saw about certain players being "left to the Seer" - which he last said as a Werewolf. There's no Seer now, Volo, so that comment is, at best, irrelevant and distracting.

Oh, and the "better vote me". Standard martyring.

It all fits. Perhaps a little too much so. It might still be good intentions mixed with uncertainty and a vague yen for revenge.