View Single Post
Old 02-07-2007, 05:26 AM   #633
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Well, it does not contradict the riddle as I said, only it is not advisable to focus on this too much. This might happen in any riddle - you might just focus on some part of the riddle which is not that much important as some other, and therefore take it from the wrong end. Since I know the answer, if I dug deeper into it, I might say that it actually is correct, but I think no one will solve the riddle by focusing on this. So, sorry if I confused someone, and now it would be better to just ignore it.

Yes, and mhagain - very interesting idea, I'd never have thought of it, and quite inventive. But not correct, sorry. On the other hand, since your interpretation is completely different from what we have seen here thus far, you have broken some stereotypes in interpretation of this riddle, so I think your attempt was very good.

I'm sure we are closing to the solution.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote