View Single Post
Old 02-12-2007, 01:49 PM   #17
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thenamir
Willow (horrors!)

Oh I remember rather liking Willow ... and I am sure it can't just have been because of Val Kilmer who was rather buff at the time...

Dave, I discovered it at the hour long repeat stage and remeber suffering agonies of having to sit quietly as my parents visited friends on a trip to the midlands at the crucial time - letting me listen to it in the car was not an option..... boring grown up talk while the Battle of the Pelennor fields was happening in the ether. However my mother redeemed herself by tracking down the tape of the music for me for Christmas after much effort. I wore that out and so had to get the wit music editon when I finally was able to buy the full set 5 years ago. Had I hung on a few more months I could have got the CDs....... but I will sometime.. At least I got the poster...

I also think that the great achievement of the Radio version is that it handles "Book 5" so well which I found (despite Faramir) hardgoing in print.

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote