View Single Post
Old 02-17-2007, 02:06 PM   #1
The Sixth Wizard
Shade of Carn Dûm

The Sixth Wizard has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to The Sixth Wizard
Tolkien LOTR computer games...

Perhaps this will sound childish, as you are probably not all teenage computer nerds like me , but has anyone played any Tolkien-style computer games? I have managed to rack up a total of 3 games based in or around Tolkien's world. Cool eh?

#1. The Lord of the Rings, The Return of the King:

Vulgar annoying game. I got it in a pack with Command and Conquer Generals and both are rubbish. All you do is go around the ROTK movie doing all the fighting bits. Oh whoopee-doo, I get to slay the Mouth of Sauron. And the darn sound always stuffs up on my computer. Grrrr.

#2. The Hobbit. (Sierra):

The best one. It isn't random violence like the last game and is much closer to the book. Basically you are Bilbo and you have to beat all the levels (chapters) in 'The Hobbit'. Sneaking past Smaug is very fun and so is rushing towards the Green Dragon Inn, only to find the bridge is out. Sound is great, the Shire sounds like the Shire. Aaaaah...

#3. The Lord of the Rings, The Battle For Middle Earth:

This is like Age of Empires, but Lord of the Rings themed. You build a base, create units (Gondor Soldiers, Isengard Uruk-Hai etc) and go do glorious battle with the enemy. Annoyingly, at this time the game designers didn't have permission to recreate the books, only the movie, so you can't play as Dale or Mirkwood etc. But still fun.

So Now is the Time to find out, is a Tolkien enthusiast also a gamer ? Has anyone else got any LOTR games?
The Sixth Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote