View Single Post
Old 02-20-2007, 06:50 AM   #442
Tevildo
Shade of Carn Dûm

Tevildo has just left Hobbiton.
"That's alright Gable. No need to say thanks. I don't like wolves in the Inn any more than you do. But isn't it funny how those creatures came down and attacked. It's been a long time since anything like that happened. I'd love to know why they did that. What riled them up or made them hungry so they were desperate enough to approach the Inn? They had to have been pretty upset to do something like that. My granny used to say that when she was a wee lass, there were a few wolves lurking in the great forest near Buckland, but that they were kept back in their place out of Buckland and the Shire by Master Brandybuck's hedge. It almost makes me wonder if there could be some problem with that hedge. Maybe a hole or something? Or maybe the Trees are getting so restless that even the wolves didn't feel comfortable there?"

He glanced over at Gable and explained, "That hedge is a scary, scary sight. Have you ever been over to see it or to walk among the trees in the forest? And while you're telling me the answer to that, come sit down and have a piece of pie." Tollers gestured towards the pie with his finger. For some reason, he felt comfortable with this particular elf. He only hoped that Cook didn't notice that they were making a large dent in her apple pie.