View Single Post
Old 04-16-2007, 04:12 PM   #3742
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
White-Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
If you Volo think this is coming too soon maybe someone would like to try a traditional one before it?
I rather agree.

Recently, sign ups have been slow, meaning that games requiring a lot of players have taken a long time to get off the ground. While there is a central core of frequent players, and a reasonable amount of "fresh blood" ( ), interest has waned somewhat from the peak of Werewolfdom on the Downs, when Werewolf Junior was in full swing and games were frequently fully subscribed within a day or so.

While I understand that games with many and assorted roles require a lot of players, such an approach is not integral to the game. The first game we played here (at the beginning of this very thread, I believe) had something like nine players, three Wolves, one Seer and no other Gifteds. The second, as I recall, had something like twelve players, with three Wolves, a Seer, a Guardian (Ranger) and a Hunter.

That's not to say that there shouldn't be games with multiple roles and multiple baddies, but they tend to require more players and I therefore suspect that sign-up will be slow.

My suggestion would be to run shorter and longer games in sequence, with sign-up for the longer games starting towards the end of the shorter games. We should be pretty skilled now in predicting roughly how long games are likely to last, based on the number of players, so it could work quite well.

That said, I am rather inclined to don my Werewolfing boots once more and give my new avvie a run out. Looking forward to seeing your proposed rules, Volo.

Also, I would quite like to put myself down for my second bout of modding, given that it's been quite a while. Is there a "waiting list for the waiting list", or might I be added to the end?