Thread: 'Obsessed' fans
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2002, 01:26 PM   #42
merlilot
Wight

merlilot has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

I hope all six of those don't have to apply...I had never heard of LOTR before I went into the bookstore in the mall with my friend on NOV 24, 2001 (!) and saw the books. Turns out I had read The Hobbit and loved it, was afraid I had wasted $35 on the trilogy in case I didn't like it, read the first chapter and never regretting buying the boxed set instead of the shirt at the store next door since.
I like LOTR because of other reasons (like the whole friendship thing!), but Elijah, Orlando, Sean, Dominic, Billy, Viggo, Hugo, etc, etc, etc, don't hurt at all. Aspiring actresses love movies for the acting talent represented, as well as the story itself. (and most of them aren't too bad to look at, either!)
Umm, languages...well, I'm working on it. But it's hard to learn Quenya and Sindarin at the same time as French and Spanish. If I ever do become fluent, I will be profiecient in 5 languages, and that's what keeps me going!
I have read the books, the question is which ones? I have read the trilogy and the hobbit 12 times (since Nov), the Sil, Unfinished Tales and The Book of Lost Tales part 2 all once. Is that good enough?

By the way, how do you guys get the colour of the letters to change?