Old 05-30-2007, 11:28 AM   #19
MatthewM
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

MatthewM has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to MatthewM
Tolkien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien
Viggo Mortensen as Aragorn the Strider - Okay. Not the way imagine him by any standards, but not that bad.
Viggo Mortensen as King Aragorn Elessar - Awful. I mean, he might be the right man to play a charismatic rascal, but he just lacks the charisma and presence of a noble king or a valiant hero. He could be the leader of a little brigand/raider gang, but the leader of the old and glorious kingdom of Gondor!

Mortensen does not look like I imagine Aragorn to look. Even in his ranger's guise, I imagine Aragorn far more kingly and slightly less rag-tag. The Aragorn I know has a good bearing and stern face. He does definitely not have wavy hair (it's straight!) and his features are more "noble" than Viggo Mortensen's. (And he certainly doesn't have that kind of jaw...!!!)

Furthermore, I totally agree with alatar on Mortensen's voice.
Wow. Haha. I, for my part, think Viggo does appear kingly in his coronation scene and does show wisdom.

On the hair thing...are you going by your own imagination or fact from the book? I'm guessing imagination?