View Single Post
Old 06-28-2007, 02:03 PM   #59
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
The second night

It was deep night. Outside Amon Rûdh, above its crowned top, cold moon was shining in the clear sky. But inside the hill, in the vast labyrinth of caves, darkness laid heavily.
Two dark shadows were slowly passing through empty corridors. Two dark shadows in the darkest darkness of Amon Rûdh's deep halls. Their senses found the best way to their target tonight. Their senses lead them towards their prey the best and safest way.
Here it was. They entered the small room, on its further end they sensed the heat of their victim. Unbeknownst to anyone, they neared their prey.

Unbeknownst to anyone?

Suddenly, a bow sang and an arrow pierced the air. The first monster stopped in fear. Twice! That was for the second time in two nights! There was no time to think. Before another projectile could hit them, the two shadows turned and quickly disappeared in the maze of corridors.

Beleg stood silently in the dark for a minute, but then he put his arrow back in the quiver. Good work, he thought to himself. The beasts will surely not return this night. Shame he could not hit one of them. But their evil deed was foiled. "Valar grant me blessings," he muttered to himself. Slowly, he walked out of the room to hide his bow for the Day in a safe place.

Unbeknownst to him, a dark hooded figure with covered lantern in its hands joined him in the corridors. He was being followed.

Túrin woke up. It must have been still night out there, though in the darkness of the tunnels inside Amon Rûdh day or night were not any different. At the moment he awoke, he more felt than saw someone standing above him. He reached for the blade.
"It's me, Beleg," whispered the person.
Túrin put down the sword and sat up. "Something happened?"
"Yes," said Beleg. "I stopped them."
"Good!" said Túrin. "That was a favor, at last. How much time remains till dawn?" he asked.
"Not much," said Beleg. "Have you slept enough?"
"I will take a nap during the day," said Túrin. "In this company, I think nobody notices."
"Sleep for now," said Beleg. "I will as well. We have nothing more to fear this night."

Somewhere in the darkness of far corridors, the dark shadow took Beleg's bow, and disappeared.

The inhabitants of Amon Rûdh – dead:

Ibun
son of Mîm, killed by a Werewolf on Night 1
Shasta alias Saeros, outnumbered and stabbed on Day 1

The inhabitants of Amon Rûdh – living:
Mîm
the Petty Dwarf
Rikae
Shastanis Althreduin
Nogrod
Macalaure
Isabellkya
Brinniel
Lhunardawen
xyzzy
Gil-Galad
the guy who be short
Mithalwen

Day 2
has begun. Heroes and villains, stop your talking. Outlaws, awake.

Last edited by Legate of Amon Lanc; 06-28-2007 at 02:11 PM.
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote