View Single Post
Old 06-28-2007, 02:24 PM   #62
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
As the first of the Outlaws awoke, Mīm entered the room. "I heard the Men talk," he said. "It is good to hear no one was harmed tonight, yes, Mīm's old eyes are glad to see everyone here," the Dwarf's eyes turned for a short moment to Nogrod as he spoke. "But yesterday was not much lucky, Mīm and lady Mithalwen brought some meat," he held up a dead pheasant, "but that is not enough, not for the big Men."
"Wait! Do you say we should let you leave the mountain once more?" said Gil-Galad, who just came out of one of the corridors. "No way!"
Mīm blinked. "But he kept his word until now," said Mithalwen, turning to the newcomer. "He did not act any suspicious yesterday."
"Maybe he wanted to confuse us," said Gil-Galad, still glaring suspiciously at Mīm. "To let him go out without any guard today, so he can escape."
"But we have to eat something," said Nogrod. "And it is a fact that whether he lies or not, our supplies are quite small."
"Then I shall go with him," said Gil-Galad.
Mithalwen and Nogrod looked at each other. "Well, go then," they said.
Gil-Galad glared at them, looking upset. "All right!" he said. "Damn it! I hoped to sit - or sleep!"
With these words, he turned and followed the smiling Dwarf out of the cavern.
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote