View Single Post
Old 07-03-2007, 09:02 AM   #198
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Rikae had been sitting quietly for most of the day, listening to the others. Now she spoke.
"I've been uneasy about Isabellkya from the beginning, and I'm glad to see that others are finally beginning to suspect her also. Her words do feel very calculated; there is even a hint of smugness in them, and she not only says nothing in today's post, but has really done little in the past three days but defend herself and cook. Furthermore, we can't ignore the fact that she fits the profile of an inexperienced wolf.
Mithalwen's defense of innocent Nogrod could be a wolf's attempt to look innocent or gifted, but as such would be too obvious for her, I think.
Gil-Galad's extreme defensiveness is certainly strange, and I don't know what to make of it.
Macalaure tends to look innocent because went after Nogrod so determinedly yesterday, however, his wolf father was similarly single-minded and bold, as I recall, so in his case, it doesn't entirely absolve him.
Guy speaks good sense and is helpful; this in itself doesn't prove him innocent, but I simply can't imagine wolf-Guy missing a kill (or skipping one for tactical reasons, for that matter.)
Lhuna, on the other hand, I could see doing such a thing. She feels very ...crafty... lately. This thing she said grabbed my attention:

"I am quite confident the wolves are making history on this hill. Never before has any creature of Morgoth failed so greatly in his task! In this I am more fully convinced that inexperienced wolves are among us."

I have a feeling, though I can't put my finger on why, that an innocent person would word this differently. It seems like just the thing a frustrated wolf might say, thinking she was throwing us off the trail.
She also expresses suspicion of Izzy, but that doesn't mean they aren't co-conspirators, especially at this juncture. And why she would pause so long after Izzy's name, I can't fathom.

Brinniel seemed quite odd in the past, but lately her words feel sincere and genuinely intended to be helpful. Maybe she is hitting her stride as a wolf; though I think it more likely she is relieved that the curse of her ancestors seems to have been broken.

My top suspects are, quite emphatically, Isabellkya, Lhuna and Gil-Galad. I'm almost certain a wolf - or two - can be found in that trio."

EDIT: X'd with Guy & Mac
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote