View Single Post
Old 07-10-2007, 08:44 AM   #76
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alatar View Post
Are you serious?!?! Have you considered the far-reaching implications of such a choice? Sure, it looks pretty, but it oscillates up and down, and as soon as it breaks free from the delicate bounds of that radial symmetry, then what? What will that wildly vibrating tilda do when it grows up and looks to walk beyond the asymptotic fences that keep us all safe? And the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics practically guarantees that this will happen.

Wild speculation? I typed ~ into Google and nothing happened. Nothing! I almost typed ~~, but thankfully did not - we all may not be here if I did.

I hope that you reconsider your choice.

You have only made me more convinced! "~" clearly represents the dynamic feminine archetype, a necessary counterbalance to the stagnation of the static masculine ".", the aggressive dynamic masculine "?", and the static feminine degree sign (which my keyboard lacks; making me feel like a motherless child...), and all the more necessary in the unfairly static, musty and patriarchical atmosphere that has been erroneously asssociated with "mythology". That "vibration" is a creative force, without which motion, time, space and life could not exist.
I wonder, Alatar, if your unease about my unpredictable "~" has anything to do with your earlier implication that I could be the destructive being which appeared in your dream...

By the way, Google is overrated!

Last edited by Rikae; 07-10-2007 at 08:50 AM.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote