View Single Post
Old 07-16-2007, 07:53 PM   #1897
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I should think that the Eorl of the Middle Emnet has more than just one man at arms after a couple months - so what if they haven't been named yet? So let's assume that there are a few others besides Garwine. How many, I don't know; something that seems reasonable.

As to the situation in the kitchen, I thought Ghem was pretty stupid and overly loyal in not just ducking out the Alder Court door and leaving Ulric and Withold in the lurch; I would probably have had Falco not see him until too late. But that option was not chosen, for some reason that is beyond me; he's not my character. Anyway, Rowenna is taking a "wait and see" attitude, especially since she has not got any free movement at all, and she has now decided that holding her tongue is probably the best course of action for the nonce.

As to Eodwine, he doesn't see much point in attacking either Withold or Ulric because he has no interest in endangering the lives of Ginna and Rowenna. So he's willing to maintain a defensive and holding posture until more of his House show up to tip the balance against Ulric and Withold. Speaking of which, I would expect that Ulric and Withold, and Ghem for that matter, realize that time is of the essence, and they are losing it rapidly the longer they just stand there and hold the two women hostage. So as time progresses, the initiative and advantage will switch to the Eorl's House, away from the outlaws. It's like a siege only without trebuche's and all that good stuff.