View Single Post
Old 08-27-2007, 07:17 PM   #4
alatar
Doubting Dwimmerlaik

alatar is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.alatar is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meriadoc1961 View Post
Okay, I will state from the start that I own all three DVDs. I enjoy watching them, but when I see them now I feel as if I was "suckered" into acceptance by being overwhelmed with how WELL Peter Jackson did in his recreation of the the Shire, Hobbiton, and Bag End. In my opinion, they were done so magnificently that I was so taken by that wondrous moment as Gandalf arrived by pony trap and Hobbiton was revealed so perfectly that I was willing to just accept everything from that moment on. And I did.
Think that that was intentional. If Peter Jackson failed to set his hook with the Shire, you, me and many others may not have helped make the films as popular as they were. His portrayal of Gandalf the Grey hooked me, and I kept up with the news and so knew going in that the story was going to be altered somewhat, and hoped that it wouldn't end up being a train wreck.

Anyway, although I ended up not liking many of the changes, still, Peter Jackson made films that were better than nothing, and hopefully these will inspire someone else to redo them in twenty or so years.