Thread: I smell cheeze.
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2007, 07:34 AM   #134
Sauron the White
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sauron the White has just left Hobbiton.
My post of yesterday was merely an effort to show the irony of the situation. This entire thread is to put on display the cheeze factor in the Jackson adaptions. So somebody criticizes lines of dialogue spoken in the films and it is pointed out to them that those lines are from the book. OOOOPS "Ya mean that Tolkien wrote cheezy lines? Could never happen."

Why does this occur here? Perhaps its the entire tone of the thread where people are expected - even encouraged and cheered on for taking easy potshots at the films displaying their prejudices and firm mindsets?

Regarding the performance by Bloom --- while it does not compare to more seasoned actors such as Holm, McKellan, Mortensen and others, it has its better moments throughout all three films. When you look at all the actors who portrayed Elves, it is onvious that they were asked to take on an air of distance and coldness as part of their personna. I do feel that people sometimes mistake that for poor acting on the part of Bloom or any other of the Elven actors.
Sauron the White is offline   Reply With Quote