View Single Post
Old 12-26-2003, 10:14 AM   #67
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Finwe has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Finwe
Sting

Unfortunately, I didn't get any Christmas presents, but that's a long story. I donated the $25 I was going to get from my mom, so that she could buy Christmas presents to donate to a nearby charity, so that they could give them to needy families. I think we bought a total of $60 worth of stuffed animals and toy cars. True, I really did want that RotK CD, or LotR Trivial Pursuit Game, but I don't really NEED them. Those kids really NEEDED those gifts. They were living without the most basic of necessities (electricity, water, etc.), and for the kids, it would be a horrible way to find out that there is no Santa Claus. Now that I look back, and think about what I did, I think that I did keep to the true spirit of LotR, to give of yourself as much as you can for the greater good.
But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.
Finwe is offline   Reply With Quote