View Single Post
Old 12-03-2007, 04:52 PM   #305
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: In hospitals, call rooms and (rarely) my apartment.
Farael has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil View Post
Just to put it out there, I'm totally against multiple lynchings.

They're too easy to screw up, they're too easy to hide behind, they're not very sportsmanlike.

Still, you're right Kuru. It would be interesting to orchestrate one just to see what happens.

With the goal in mind that we not actually kill multipeople, it would be interesting to set up a multiple lynch and see who steps in at the last minute.

But that's a dangerous game to play.
The problem with that is that we'd need all village to agree to it... if just a couple of us chose to vote on our own, then the wolves might very well orchestrate a triple-lynch by voting for a third option that has gotten a vote or two.

There's 14 of us. An ideal case would be seven and seven votes for the two suspects, but that's unlikely to happen. A more realistic scenario would be that we could expect maybe five votes for each, while four other people vote on their own. If we are unlucky, the wolves could possibly arrange it so that we wind up having three people with three votes a piece, rather than two with five/seven.

While that might point at other wolves, it'd leave us with ten people and (worst case possible) three wolves for tomorrow. If they take such a chance and manage not to look too suspicious, it'd doom the village.

And on a much simpler note, the only way a double-lynch would work out is if both lynchees are not only willing to go through with it... but also truthful about it. There's too much at risk, the wolves know it too so even if we try to orchestrate a double lynch, I highly doubt they'll fall for it and show their hand.