View Single Post
Old 12-11-2007, 03:41 PM   #31
Sauron the White
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sauron the White has just left Hobbiton.
Quempel --- you sound like you have a problem more with me than with the point being discussed. I thought I was clear from the start. Please review the above posts and you will find out that it was not myself who brought up the subject of Gimli and Shadowfax. It was Galendor who asked me about it bringing up Shadowfax. I gave Galendor the answer and apparently it sufficed. But then you got involved refusing to accept it despite it being rather clear.

I asked you to clearly support your Gimli theory with evidence but your reply was firm and short. NO. That says pretty much all you need to say. But to be polite here it is again -and for the last time.

The mearas and the dwarves are two completly different creatures with completely different origins, characteristics, qualities and abilities. The mearas were created in Valinor by the Vala and exported to Middle-earth by Orome. They are not like other Middle-earth horses because their origins are in Valinor.

The dwarves were created for Middle-earth and are not of Valinor. There is no evidence they had the kind of abilities that you attribute to them. None. I asked you to show me evidence that

a- the Valar gave short, heavy, dwarves in cumbersome gear the power to run 45 miles per day without training, or
b- one of the Valar waved a magic wand and specifically gave Gimli that same ability

You refused to do so and simply said NO. End of discussion. All the theory in the world and all the attacking of me does not provide the evidence you were asked for and refused to provide to support your point. You have none.
Sauron the White is offline   Reply With Quote