View Single Post
Old 12-18-2007, 02:35 PM   #7
Lalwendė
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendė is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendė is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauron the White View Post

And as a side note, this probably puts the final two nails into the coffin of any sequels to GOLDEN COMPASS. New Line is going to marshall their economic and production forces behind these Middle-earth films and are not going to waste resources on something which has proven to be a loser.
Wouldn't bank on it being a loss maker. I was watching 'movie' news on Sky today and they were saying it's doing well outside the USA (it's not the whole of the film-going world you know ), and it hasn't even opened yet in every territory. It will turn a profit, sorry to disappoint you. If it does lose money then it's more likely part of an ongoing trend as films aren't taking in as much money in the USA right now due to the economy and the net result of that will be that less money is available for The Hobbit - so in the long run it will be a Very Good Thing if Golden Compass does alright.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Might
On the other hand, I can't really believe that they would make the Hobbit in two parts.
I can. It's called twice as many ££££££s.

Oh, such a cynic. I just hope they chuck enough money at it to hire a proper scriptwriter and to take on Alan Lee and John Howe again.