View Single Post
Old 02-04-2004, 01:07 AM   #21
Armetiel
Haunting Spirit

Armetiel has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

I find most of the movie characters and places are actually almost the same as how I envisioned them, except for gollum, rivendell, boromir, faramir, and frodo, lothlorien, minas tirith and the winged steeds of the blackriders for example. However although I have adopted some of these images in my mind, they are only the ones that I had trouble picturing in the books, anything that I pictured in the books clearly that is different in the books, I still have kept my book image thankfully.

However, I imagine for anyone who hasn't read the books in years, and forgotten them, or seen the movies first, they probably would not come up with their own images, and most likely never will, because they would automatically see the movie image.

Also, if you'll remember, PJ based a lot of his imagery on pictures that had already been made, so that is probably why for many things the imagery is so similar to what we have read

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 2:39 AM February 04, 2004: Message edited by: Armetiel ]